About the Role
We are looking for a R&D Team Lead for a group of developers to create an inspiring team environment, facilitate an open and engaging communication culture, and support the team with achieving their goals. You will be responsible for leading and motivating team members and representing the team towards other functions in the company, customers, and the Qt open-source community. This position is located in Oulu, Finland.
As a R&D Team Lead you will not just focus on management efforts, but you will also actively contribute to the development work. You will spend most of your time on technical tasks and work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for application developers on a multitude of platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. In addition to technical tasks, you will be assisting the team to achieve their goals and grow their skills.
- are a software developer and want to contribute directly to the development
- want to write robust, modern C++, and are interested in software design and architecture
- are familiar with embedded systems and creation of device software
- lead people by example and coach them towards their own success
- grow a team with diverse perspectives
- support the team by setting focus and direction, and by keeping information flowing
- have hands-on experience working on MCU software projects with or without an OS?
- have hands-on experience with some embedded RTOS like Integrity, QNX or VxWorks
- have hands-on experience in debugging and profiling on embedded devices?
- know already some Qt and QML?
- have used Linux OS for your daily work?
We offer you
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace
- professional colleagues from all around the world
- flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- comprehensive health care + sickness insurance & support for mental wellbeing
- yearly wellbeing budget incl. sports/culture/massage/dental...
- lunch benefit + mobile benefit
- nice office space for hybrid work
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind 1+ billion devices and applications. Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms, and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables, and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in the year 2021 totaled 121.1 MEUR and it employs +650 people.