About the Role
Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, energetic, smart and disciplined Sales Manager for Consumer and Industrial IoT markets.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and by over one million developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. Qt employs some 350 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Internet of Things and software for computer-controlled devices are among the fastest growing markets in the world’s economy. In markets such as consumer products, home appliances and industrial equipment, there is a strong adoption of TFT LCD screens as a primary means of interacting with these devices and with that an end user’s expectation of a fluid and intuitive user interface. As a result, we wish to strengthen our sales force.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic, smart and disciplined Sales Manager for manufacturing and industrial markets who wants to build a career selling the most sophisticated UX technology in the software industry. A top performer that has the capability and self-confidence to get in front of the senior management of companies which build products in need of embedded products.
As Sales Manager your responsibilities include:
- High-level sales presentations at companies to get our solutions designed into their products,
- Build cost/benefit analysis,
- Manage and control the sales cycle from prospecting through to close,
- Gather valuable customer information on new projects, budget and decision makers through a high degree of networking,
- Work closely with the engineering staff of since their technical input is essential for all sales opportunities,
- Presence at trade shows and other network opportunities in your region.
For the position of Sales Manager we are looking for driven, eager candidates with following skills:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- At least 10+ years (outside) sales experience, preferably in selling hardware or software in the consumer, industrial or IoT markets
- Understanding of technology and how it applies to a customer’s business is key.
- A desire to help build the Internet of Things in a secure and reliable manner is a must.
- A strong team player and communicator.
- Willingness to travel regularly, for customer meetings and trade shows.
- Full proficiency in English, an additional European language would be beneficial.
We are a highly international workplace with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.