About the Role
We develop the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, and we are looking for skilled Software Engineers to join our team. We have several engineering positions open in Oulu, so you can find a role and place that matches your background, interest and motivation. We are also able to adjust the position according to your level of expertise. Continue reading and find out what we have for you!
You are passionate about creating solutions that make coding fun and productive for application developers, on multiple platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. In your daily work you will be surrounded by a team of experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
We have opportunities where you can select the most appealing and suitable role to you:
- Resource constrained MCU platforms - You enjoy solving problems that the resource constrained MCU platform brings to software development. You understand how software interacts with MCU hardware and peripherals. You understand the concepts of real-time operating systems.
- Qt Android development - You work with our software teams across different R&D sites, improving the functionality of Qt framework and tools especially on the Android platform.
- In Qt Professional Services team you will work close with our customers helping them to solve their problems as an advisor. You want to make sure that they will succeed with their Qt projects and guide the way how to best work with Qt platform.
You can be our developer if you…
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust and maintainable code using modern C++
- care about software design and architecture
- enjoy solving problems, both independently and by collaborating with your colleagues and with the Qt community
- know your way around Windows, Linux, or macOS, and you want your code to work on many different platforms
- are not afraid to work on a large code base
- are familiar with version control systems; we use GIT and Gerrit
- can communicate effectively in English, both in writing and face-to-face
- are comfortable working with publicly available code
- are familiar with Qt/C++, QML and object-oriented programming
- have programming experience in other languages, such as Java, Python, Rust, or Go
- have experience with open source communities and development
We offer you
- Flexible hours that support work/life balance
- A family friendly, international, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Ergonomic equipment and supportive tool to your home office work
- Nice office space, with small team rooms, free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
- Health insurance, dental care, mobile- and lunch benefit, sport&culture vouchers
- Support with relocation, if necessary
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities and learn from the world class experts
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? What is the area that you are interested in work with? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position, and introduce you to our culture. Take a look at our Instagram feed and see who we are and what we do in Qt. Join QtPeople and apply today!