About the Role
We develop the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, and we are looking for skilled Software Engineers to join our team in Oulu. We have several engineering positions open, so you can find a role and place that matches your background, interest and motivation. We are also able to adjust the position according to your level of expertise. Continue reading and find out what we have for you!
You are passionate about creating solutions that make coding fun and productive for application developers, on multiple platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. You will make coding fun and easy for developers and designers. In your daily work you will be surrounded by a team of experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
At Qt you will be working with our software teams across different R&D sites located Oulu, Berlin and Oslo. You will also join a vibrant community of Qt contributors and users that constantly exchanges new ideas, insights and contributions. This is also reflected in our work culture, we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing, and learning together in a friendly environment.
We have many opportunities where you can select the most appealing and suitable role to you. Your interest areas could be for example:
- Resource constrained MCU platforms
- Embedded development
- Android development
- Graphics & 3D
- Qt Design Studio
- Qt for WebOS
- Qt for QNX
- Embedded Linux, Boot to Qt
- Releasing & Test Automation, Quality tools
- C++ safety critical software
- Qt Customer projects
You can be our developer if you…
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust and maintainable code using modern C++
- care about software design and architecture
- enjoy solving problems, both independently and by collaborating with your colleagues and with the Qt community
- know your way around Windows, Linux, or macOS, and you want your code to work on many different platforms
- are familiar with version control systems; we use GIT and Gerrit
- can communicate effectively in English, both in writing and face-to-face
- are familiar with Qt/C++, QML and object-oriented programming
- have programming experience in other languages, such as Java, Python, Rust, or Go
- have experience with open-source communities and development
We offer you
- Flexible hours that support work/life balance
- A family friendly, international, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Ergonomic equipment and supportive tool to your home office work
- Nice office space, with small team rooms, free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
- Health insurance, dental care, mobile- and lunch benefit, sport&culture vouchers
- Bike benefit
- Support with relocation, if necessary
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities and learn from the world class experts
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? What is the area that you are interested in work with? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position, and introduce you to our culture. Take a look at our Instagram feed and see who we are and what we do in Qt. Join QtPeople and apply today!