About the Role
We're looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer to join the build tools team in our Berlin office. Your main responsibility will be to make Qt development as easy and comfortable as possible for Visual Studio Code users. You will be one of the main contributors to the development and maintenance of Visual Studio Code extensions that help users set up Qt projects by seamlessly integrating Qt tools/processes into Visual Studio Code. Qt's open source spirit is reflected in our way of working. We are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
The position is based in Berlin, Germany.
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern TypeScript and/or C++
- have experience with Visual Studio Code
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community were involved in the development of a Visual Studio Code extensions in the past
- have hands-on experience with the Natvis framework for visualizing native objects in the
- were involved in QA/CI of a product that is related to Visual Studio Code
- know a bit of Qt and QML?
- have experience with open source communities and development?
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material?
We offer you
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- possibility to work up to three days per week from home
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- nice office space
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- a training program
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share some code. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company, trusted by industry leaders and over 1.5 million developers worldwide to create applications and smart devices that users love. We help our customers to increase productivity through the entire product development lifecycle - from UI design and software development to quality management and deployment.
Our customers are in more than 70 different industries in over 180 countries. Qt Group is headquartered in Espoo, Finland, and employs almost 700 people globally. To learn more, visit www.qt.io/.