About the Role
We are looking for a Support Engineer to reinforce our Qt Technical Customer Success team. This position is located either in Oulu, Finland or Tokyo, Japan. You can be just starting out in your career or have already several years of experience from the field.
The Qt Technical Customer Success team works hand-in-hand with Qt developers and is committed to ensure the success of our customers Qt projects. Qt customers are provided with exceptional support and guidance on the use of Qt APIs, functions, methods, and programming techniques for all the platforms Qt runs on. With new features in Qt products and increasing customer base we are searching for highly motivated developer to complete the Qt Technical Customer Success team.
As part of the Qt Technical Customer Success team, you will be able to follow customers at the start of their projects, providing them with initial help to ensure they are successful. Where possible, there will be a continued relationship with the customer throughout the life-cycle of their project, enabling them to be even more successful with their usage of Qt.
In this role one can be at the beginning of their career but highly motivated and have some experience in software development from before. You should be passionate about great customer service and always interested in making customers achieve their goals.
- Provide optimal Qt coding solutions for customers
- Work closely with customers and help them to achieve their goals
- Work on several Qt supported platforms
- Contribute to the creation of materials (such as videos, articles) to be used to help customers
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong English language skills, especially spoken
- In addition: German skills are considered as a plus
- Additional technical qualifications will be an advantage
- Familiarity with Qt APIs and the QML language Graphics and OpenGL development experience Hands-on experience of embedded software development tools and methods
- Open-source community involvement and development
- Flexible hours that support work/life balance
- A family friendly, international, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Ergonomic equipment and supportive tool to your home office work
- Nice office space, with small team rooms, free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
- Health insurance, dental care, mobile- and lunch benefit, sport&culture vouchers (Finland)
- Bike benefit (Finland)
- Support with relocation, if necessary
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities and learn from the world class experts
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, the USA, France, UK, and India. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.