About the Role
Qt for MCUs is a complete graphics framework and toolkit with everything you need to design, develop, and deploy GUIs on MCUs. Today microcontrollers are used more and more in different industries like consumer, medical, industrial and automotive – see examples of Qt for MCUs here.
We have several Software Engineer positions open in our new, growing MCU team - you can find a role that matches your background, interest, and motivation. We are also able to adjust the position according to your level of expertise. Continue reading and find out what our MCU team has for you!
We are looking for software experts to help shape our software solutions for low end embedded systems. You will work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for embedded application developers. MCU team is focusing on making Qt work great on resource constrained MCU platforms.
Some things you could be doing in this area, but not limited to these:
- Optimize rendering on MCU devices by utilizing HW capabilities
- Implement new features on the Qt Ultralite engine
- Help integrate Qt for MCUs to our world-class development tools such as Qt Creator & Qt Design Studio
- Adapt Qt for MCUs to work on new microcontroller platforms
- Solve problems that the resource constrained MCU platform brings to software development
Some things that we value:
The main thing is that you are curious and creative and want to write robust, modern C++.
- Experience with low-level embedded systems or resource constrained devices
- You are brave enough to take a deep dive into MCU graphics systems and extracting the best out of graphics accelerators
- You have written or contributed to 2D engines and/or software rasterizers
- You have a knack for creating useful and easy-to-use APIs or development tools
- Good communication and collaboration skills, both online and face-to-face
- You are able to substantiate your thoughts with arguments and reasoning
- You are comfortable in designing architectural solutions to address user needs
- Knowledge of Qt and QML
- First-hand experience working on MCU software projects with or without an OS
- Experience with Embedded Vendor SDKs and Tools such as STM32Cube, MCUXpresso, E2 Studio etc.
- Focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- Hands-on experience on debugging and profiling on embedded devices
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
Why to join #Qtpeople?
We have a cool product, but it is our people that makes us exceptional. We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting-edge technology and product. At Qt you get to work with a truly global team in an innovative and fun environment and with world leading customers and a large, unique community.
In addition to that we offer you:
- Great colleagues from many parts of the world
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- Nice office space
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment
- A training program
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share some code. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.