About the Role
We develop the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, and we are looking for skilled Embedded Software Engineers to join our team in Oulu, Finland. We have several engineering positions open, so you can find a role and place that matches your background, interests, and motivation. We are also able to adjust the position according to your level of expertise. Continue reading and find out what we have for you!
We hope that you are passionate about creating solutions that make coding fun and productive for application developers, on multiple platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. In your daily work you will be surrounded by a team of experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
At Qt you will be working with our software teams across different R&D sites located in Oulu, Berlin and Oslo. You will also join a vibrant community of Qt contributors and users that constantly exchange new ideas, insights, and contributions. This is also reflected in our work culture; we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing, and learning together in a friendly environment.
The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it!
We have many opportunities where you can select the most appealing and suitable role for you. You could for example be working on one or more of the following topics:
- Qt for MCUs
- Embedded development
- Graphics rendering on embedded platforms
- Qt for webOS
- Qt for QNX OS
- Qt for INTEGRITY OS
- Embedded Linux, Boot to Qt
- Qt for safety critical applications
You could be our developer if you…
- are curious and creative
- are experienced with C++ and object-oriented programming
- are familiar with SW development for embedded HW
- enjoy problem solving
- focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- can communicate effectively in English, both in writing and face-to-face
- are familiar with Qt Framework e.g. Qt/C++, QML, Qt modules and Qt Creator
- have experience with embedded Linux, Yocto or U-Boot
- have written or contributed to 2D engines and/or software rasterizers
- have experience working on embedded software projects with or without an OS
- know about software design and architecture
- have experience with open-source communities and development
We offer you...
- Flexible hours & hybrid working model that support work/life balance
- A family friendly, international, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Ergonomic equipment and latest tools for development
- Nice office space, with small team rooms, free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
- Health insurance, dental care, mobile&lunch&bike benefits, sport&culture vouchers
- Support with relocation, if needed
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities and learn from the world class experts
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have a unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
What is your passion? What do you love to do? What skills, strengths and knowledge do you have? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell you more about the position, and introduce you to our dynamic, but relaxed working culture. Take a look at our Instagram feed and see who we are and what we do in Qt. Join #QtPeople and apply today!