About the Role
We are looking for a Team Lead for our Test Automation team to join our R&D department in Oulu, Finland.
The Qt Company’s engineers work on developing the Qt framework and tools, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. In your daily work, you will be surrounded by a team of world-class experts.
In this role, you will be leading the team of release Test Automation Engineers. Even the position is Team Lead, most of the job is hands on technical test automation work like maintaining and developing the release tests and also maintain the existing QA infrastructure, and develop it further.
- Thinking ahead and participate future planning activities
- Implementing a timeline to achieve targets
- Motivating the team to achieve organizational goals
- Delegating tasks to team members
- Empowering team members with skills to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills
- Conducting goal and development discussions
- Contributing to the growth of the company through a successful team
- Creating a pleasant working environment that inspires the team
On Technical side, you
- are passionate about testing
- know Python or some other scripting language
- are familiar with SW version control systems, preferably git
- have good communication skills
- are proficient in English
- have experience about test automation
- are an excellent team player
- are self-motivated and will start new projects where you see the need
- already know some Qt
- have used Squish tool
- have experience with Jenkins, or a similar product
- feel at home on several operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS)
We offer you
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace
- Flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- Wide health care, health insurance + yearly dental care budget
- Lunch benefit & sport/culture/massage vouchers
- Bicycle benefit
- Mobile phone + subscription
- Nice office space with electric sitting/standing desks for everyone, sauna area + massage chair
- Support with relocation, if needed
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind 1+ billion devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open-source licenses.
Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms, and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables, and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in the year 2021 totaled 121.1 MEUR and it employs +550 people.
To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.