PR 1.2 firmware for the N900 released with Qt 4.6.2
After a few delays, the PR 1.2 firmware for the N900 is finally released with Qt 4.6.2 shipping by default (see maemo.org for all PR 1.2 related info). This means that all the apps that up until now only ran in the SDK can finally be deployed to real devices :)
The final Qt packages have the version tag 4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5 (no April Fool's, despite the date).
Some useful information:
- A good starting point for developing with Qt for Maemo 5 is the Nokia Qt SDK.
- Here's the Qt for Maemo 5 documentation, suggested reads are the Maemo 5 introduction page and the Maemo 5 platform notes.
- The Qt for Maemo 5 examples can be found in Maemo's extras-devel repository. The package is called libqt4-examples-maemo5 and installs to /usr/examples/maemo5. Documentation is here.
- The Qt 4 wiki contains useful information about building, debugging, running and deploying Qt apps.
- Here's the git repository, contributions are welcome :)
If you follow the git repository, you can see that we're working full-steam on Qt 4.7 for Maemo 5.
Experimental packages will appear soon in the extras-devel repository.
4.7 packages are now in Maemo's extras-devel repository. In the Scratchbox based SDK, type apt-get install libqt4-experimental-dev to get the libs and headers.
Happy app creation :)
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.2 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6 was created to be the productivity platform for the future, with next-gen 2D & 3D UX and limitless scalability.
Explore Qt World
Check our Qt demos and case studies in the virtual Qt World
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.
Want to build something for tomorrow, join #QtPeople today! We have loads of cool jobs you don't want to miss! http://qt.io/careers #builtwithQt #software #developers #coding #framework #tool #tooling #C++ #QML #engineers #sales #tech #technology #UI #UX #CX #Qt #Qtdev #global #openpositions #careers #job
Henkilön Qt (@theqtcompany) jakama julkaisu