Qt Creator 11 Beta released
We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 11 Beta!
- We have an integrated Terminal now. It supports multiple tabs, various shells, colors and fonts. It is used by default for Run in Terminal and general when opening a terminal, but you can opt-out in the preferences (Terminal > Use internal terminal).
- You have the option for slightly larger toolbars in Preferences > Interface > Toolbar style > Relaxed.
- We restructured the Issues view, so it should interfere less with clicking into and navigating it.
- We added support for GitHub Copilot. It is based on the Copilot neovim plugin and the provided language server. Before using it you need to enable the Qt Creator plugin in Help > About Plugins (Qt Creator > About Plugins on macOS) and configure it in the preferences. You can then also enable or disable it on a per-project basis. Please also see the recent blog post on Generative AI in Qt.
- We fixed that hardlinked files were unlinked when saving them.
- We added an editor with preview for Markdown (.md) files.
- Many issues when editing C++ and QML were fixed.
- Qt Creator is now able to add files directly to your CMake project files.
- We added experimental support for vcpkg. It includes a wizard and an editor for vcpkg.json files, and a search dialog for packages. Turn the plugin on in Help > About Plugins (Qt Creator > About Plugins on macOS).
- We added light-weight and experimental support for the Axivion static analyzer. After you have configured your access to the Axivion Dashboard and linked a project to an Axivion project in the project settings, Qt Creator shows annotations of the latest run in the editors and allows you to view some details on the issues. Enable the plugin in Help > About Plugins (Qt Creator > About Plugins on macOS).
There have been many more improvements and fixes in Qt Creator 11. You find a more detailed list of changes in our change log.
Get Qt Creator 11 Beta
The opensource version is available on the Qt download page under "Pre-releases", and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 11 Beta is also available under Preview > Qt Creator 11.0.0-beta1 in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on irc.libera.chat, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.5 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.5 is the latest Long-Term-Support release with all you need for C++ cross-platform app development.
Qt World Summit 2023: Berlin awaits!
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.