Join this (US timezone friendly) training, which will provide you with the skills to start developing applications for Microcontrollers with Qt for MCUs. Qt for MCUs is a complete graphics framework and toolkit with everything you need to design, develop, and deploy GUIs/HMIs on MCUs.
Maximum number of participants: 20
Time: Wednesday the 26th of August
Duration: 8 AM to 3 PM (PDT) / 11 AM to 6 PM (EST). Including lunch break (30-45 minutes) and two or three (10-15 minutes) coffee breaks.
Place: Online (Zoom meeting)
Price per participant: $399
Enroll on the 24th of August at the latest to reserve a seat!
During the 1st training session, you'll learn the basics and get your hands dirty with Qt for MCUs. The lecturer Jacek, a primary contributor to Qt for MCUs, will introduce you to the Qt Quick Ultralite rendering engine, running on bare metal or FreeRTOS, with Ultralite Controls and an optimized subset of QML. This enables you to create smartphone-like user experiences on microcontrollers with the familiar Qt Creator IDE and other tools.
In five hours, you will learn:
- Qt for MCUs package content
- Building and running an application using the command line
- Qt for MCUs application build process
- CMake API
- Qt for MCUs specific components
- Configuring Qt Creator IDE
- Asset management
- Styling controls
- C++/QML integration
Live coding exercises will be included in the training, and you'll create your own Qt for MCUs application!
Lecturer: Jacek Nijaki, Software Architect C++, Siili Auto Oy (Qt Premium Partner)
System Requirements and downloads
- Windows 10 64-bit is currently the only operating system for development (support for Linux and macOS is planned)
- Qt for MCUs Evaluation Package 1.3. Please download Qt for MCUs and Qt Creator at www.qt.io/download, select 'Try Qt' on the download page. During the installation process, select 'Qt for MCUs Evaluation package 1.3' and 'Qt Creator 4.12.4.'
- CMake 3.17 (or higher): https://cmake.org/download
- MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools OR the corresponding 2017 version Windows 10 SDK: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
- Zoom application https://zoom.us/download
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or comments regarding the Qt for MCUs training sessions.
If you can't make this session, tailor-made courses for MCUs and other topics are available for you and your colleagues. Reach out to the Qt Training Team for inquires. Qt Professional Services also have a wide range of additional services available. Check out our complete offering here.
The event details may be subject to change.
|Starts||8:00 Aug 26, 2020 UTC -7|
|Ends||15:00 Aug 26, 2020 UTC -7|
|Topics||MCUs, Microcontrollers , QtforMCUs, Qt Quick Ultralite, FreeRTOS, QML, Qt Creator IDE, CMake API, C++/QML integration|
|Organizer||The Qt Company|