About the Role
The Key Account Manager (Aerospace & Defense) is responsible for selling our Qt Portfolio including Professional Services (Consulting and Support) to key accounts (global players). In this role, you will work closely with all functions like Service Delivery, Product Management and Marketing to execute strategic plans to achieve or exceed business targets with the assigned clients.
- Build relationships with C-Level leaders and managers
- Manage and control the sales cycle from prospecting through to close.
- Set and execute aggressive customer acquisition strategies for the assigned accounts
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with the assigned accounts to accomplish organic growth and long-term company objectives
- Plan and manage at both the strategic, operational and tactical customer-facing levels
- Align with business development managers, industry leads, customer success organization, and regional sales leadership teams to present a single front to help represent a single vision for our customers.
- Interface with the product management and marketing organizations to help guide vertical product and professional service direction and production of sales plays
- Good technical background, minimum of BS in a technical or business field preferred and significant sales track record
- 5+ years of experience selling development tools, embedded technology or similar to the Federal sector
- Familiarity with Software Development tools and Software Development Life Cycle is a plus
- Progressive, Federal sales experience with complex solutions, passionate about software licensing, overachiever
- Proven track record of successful personal sales pipeline management and results
- Experienced in vertical market solution sales
- Proven experience gaining access to decision makers and establishing strategic relationships and successes for long term partnerships
- Business development experience in a strategic enterprise sales environment within a highly matrixed, global organization
- Interfaces directly with customer decision-makers to shape market opportunities
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Knowledge in value-based selling, solution selling and creating long term business relationships in the software licensing industry
- Target driven and results focused personality with a goal to deliver overachievement against clear objectives and business development targets
- Consultative 'questioning' and Active Listening approach
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and collaboration skills along with strong planning ability
- Able to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyse satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company's net sales in year 2019 totaled 58.4 MEUR and it employs some 350 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
In Qt, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products and solutions, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at Qt means challenging yourself to always be better.