About the Role
We are looking for a Manager to lead Qt's global Qt Technical Support team in Oulu, Finland.
You will work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for application developers on a multitude of platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. Some of your time will be spent on technical tasks such as communicating with customers and helping them with their issues which involve bug fixing too. In addition to that you get to assist the team to achieve their goals and growing their skills and have direct responsibility for them on a day-to-day basis.
- want to contribute directly to the success of customers using Qt
- understand the intersection of technology and business
- support the team by setting focus and direction, and by keeping information flowing
- lead people by example, coach them towards their own success, and identify training needs
- grow a team with diverse perspectives
You will be
- processing support requests from prospects and customers via email ticketing system
- providing tech support via email and, in some cases, online meetings
- reproducing technical issues
- developing and providing solutions for smaller issues or passing on requests to the development team for further debugging
- directly responsible for the Qt Support team which has members in Finland, Japan, US and a sub-contractor in Australia
- driving the Qt Support product and processes further and having direct input in the way forward
It is an advantage to have
- prior technical knowledge and skills relating to Qt
- management skills and experience from before
Why join Qt
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities and learn from the world class experts
- Be part of a dynamic, international team with talented and skilled professionals from all around the world
- Share the company values: collaboration, transparency, and innovation
- Work-life balance matters: option for a hybrid work-from-home policy and flexible hours
- Comprehensive occupational health care plan, with health insurance and dental care
- Benefit from other perks such as lunch benefit, sport/culture/massage saldo, bike & commuting benefit...
- Ergonomic equipment and supportive tools
- Nice office space, with small team rooms, free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
- A competitive compensation model
- Support with relocation, if necessary
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? What is the area that you are interested in work with? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position, and introduce you to our culture. Take a look at our Instagram feed and see who we are and what we do in Qt. Join QtPeople and apply today!
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind 1+ billion devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open-source licenses.
Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms, and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables, and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in the year 2021 totaled 121.1 MEUR and it employs +600 people.
To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.