About the Role
We are seeking a talented and experienced Product Design Lead to create innovative, and user-friendly Qt Developer (Qt Creator) and Designer (Qt Design Studio) Tools that also put our customer needs at the center. You would also be accountable for managing our designer team in Oulu, Finland.
When leading the design team, you help creating an inspiring team environment, facilitate an open and engaging communication culture and support the team with achieving their goals. You will be responsible for leading and motivating team members and represent the team towards other functions in the company, customers, and the Qt community. You will not just focus on management efforts, but will spend most of your time on hands-on designing.
Your work at Qt
- Creating design systems, research, leading user testing, understanding analytics, and using these in your design work
- Contributing to keeping all of our product designs consistent with other product designers
- Cooperating closely with experienced colleagues and creating outstanding user experiences of tomorrow together
- Working with Figma, Miro, or some other tools you find productive
- You can also learn Qt Design Studio and create functioning concepts & prototypes with it
- Natural collaborating with cross-functional teams (e.g., product management, R&D, and quality assurance)
- The willingness to train, mentor, and manage the design team
- A curious and creative mindset with a hands-on approach; the ability to understand the problem and find a solution
- Ability to define product specifications, create wireframes and prototypes
- Feel at home performing user testing to validate design decisions
- Experience in design methodologies such as User-Centered Design, UI Design, UX design, Usability, and Accessibility
- Have worked with design systems before
- Like paying attention to details
- Can work independently and manage your tasks and projects
- Communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- Comfortable working with publicly available products and material
- Perhaps you have a portfolio of designs that you are proud of and want to share with us
Why join Qt
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within the core of one of the largest global SW developer communities and learn from the world-class experts
- Be part of a dynamic, international team with talented and skilled professionals from all around the world
- Share the company values: collaboration, transparency, and innovation
- Work-life balance matters: option for a hybrid work-from-home policy and flexible hours
- Comprehensive occupational health care plan, with health insurance and dental care
- Benefit from other perks such as lunch benefit, yearly wellbeing budget, bike & commuting benefit...
- Ergonomic equipment and supportive tools
- Nice office space, with small team rooms, free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company, trusted by industry leaders and over 1.5 million developers worldwide to create applications and smart devices that users love. We help our customers to increase productivity through the entire product development lifecycle - from UI design and software development to quality management and deployment.
Our customers are in more than 70 different industries in over 180 countries. Qt Group is headquartered in Espoo, Finland, and employs almost 700 people globally. To learn more, visit www.qt.io.