About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our global product management team working in Foundations area.
Your role and responsibilities in the job:
- You join the core team in defining the future of IoT, Embedded, Mobile and desktop systems with Qt
- You will work closely with the Qt Foundations Area R&D teams in Oslo and Berlin on the backlog
- You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enable their requirements
- You will join sales in customer calls and meetings around the globe
- You will participate in strategic account teamwork
- You will help marketing in maintaining roadmap, giving direction as well as e.g. by running technical webinars
Skills and competences needed in the role:
- You know what a Product Owner does, and you have several years of experience in various Product Management roles and aspects
- You demonstrated skills in capturing business requirements and conducting customer research
- You excel in presenting prioritization of certain requirements against others
- You understand and have experience in software development processes and practices in various different environments, preferably with a technical background yourself
- You are keen on following up software development trends and how to incorporate these into the long term strategy
- You have good people skills and you can communicate with individual developer as well as with a major multi-national corporate engineering CTO
- You are fluent with English, both spoken and written.
- If you do not have all of the above, you have the hunger and motivation to learn the missing bits
The Foundation Area is responsible for multiple big pillars to make Qt succeed further. At its heart you manage the backlog of primarily non-visual modules, and iterations on our own language QML. But also, the rendering of dynamic web content via the Qt WebEngine module is a key functionality. Broadening our developer ecosystem towards the Python community will be the next step towards growth in our user base.
We are a highly international workplace with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.
The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.
Location: Berlin, Germany or Espoo, Finland