About the Role
Qt Group is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives.
Qt technology is used by more than 1.5 million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in year 2019 totaled 58.4 MEUR and it employs some 350 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India and it is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange.
About the position
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager whose primary responsibility will be to formulate product specific value proposals to target audiences, build messaging to support product business value creation and include this value-based message into customer facing collaterals. In this role, you will collaborate with a multi-functional product and marketing teams in creating and communicating product value message.
The Technical Product Manager will need an understanding of the global market level big picture, then gather product specific market information and refine that into product value drivers. If you feel you can bring these qualities and a ‘can do’ attitude to our team, this is a great career opportunity for you.
- Technical background, experience of communicating with developers
- Participate in global analysis and tracking of market, technology, competitor and customer data. Prepare requirements and determine competitive attributes, prioritization and unique value proposition against competition.
- Responsible for value prop formulation, talking points on technology, products, licensing; working with customers, partners & ecosystem
- Responsible for creating messaging outside the Qt ecosystem to enable business growth
- Responsible for Sales collaterals: presentations, demos, videos – what are the current materials and messages
- Participate in communicating product roadmaps and other product related materials both inside the company and towards customers
- Deliver talks & papers in events & various channels
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technology domain (developer area preferred), in fast paced global market
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business or similar
- Strong product management or marketing mind set with ability to present value-based proposals
- Be proactive and follow through on open items until closed
- Work well within a global team and be able to independently engage on and execute tasks and projects
- Fluency in English language, ability to travel
We offer you interesting challenges in a growing global business. Also, you will be joining a dynamic, fast growing, highly international workplace with talented and skilled people from all around the world. We embrace openness, learning, encouragement and fun.