About the Role
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyse satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices.And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used.Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
Job descriptionThe sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major territories and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as EDA, Medical, consulting, Telecommunications, Automotive, among others.The EMEA market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sale professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential.The Sales Engineer is responsible for pre-sales technical assistance for the regional sales teams and will perform technical presentations & demonstrations of Qt product line, in addition be involved in all aspects of the technical sales.
- Directly responsible for teaming with the sales team through all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Provide strategic and senior level product presentations, demonstrations and trade show support.
- Follow up on prospects and accounts for functional/technical issues related to sales cycle and guarantee a successful customer experience.
- Manage product evaluations and prepare RFP/RFI responses.
- Coordinate the technical training of the sales force.
- Identify the need for additional sales, training and consulting.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the development processes.
- Solid understanding and experience with C++ and preferably other object oriented languages.
- Qt knowledge is a clear advantage.
- Excellent presentation, demonstration and facilitation skills in leading meetings, trials and projects.
- Experience with creation, customization and delivery presentations.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in German and English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ technology or equivalent related experience.
- Autonomous and organized with effective communication skills, listening, verbal and written.
- Must take initiative and be a proactive member in the sales team.
- Team player with interpersonal skills to work with sales and technical staff in a dynamic and innovative company environment.
- Very good business understanding.
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.