About the Role
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyze satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2020 totalled 79,6 MEUR and it employs +450 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
In Qt, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products and solutions, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at Qt means challenging yourself to always be better.
The sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major territories and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as EDA, Medical, Consulting, Telecommunications, Automotive, among others. The EMEA market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sales professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential. Senior Director Automotive is responsible for selling our Qt Portfolio including Professional Services (Consulting and Support) to car manufacturers (OEM) and their suppliers (tier 1 and tier 2) in the EMEA territory.
In this role, you will work closely with all functions like Service Delivery, Product Management, Customer Success and Marketing to execute strategic plans to achieve or exceed business targets with the assigned clients.
- Manage a team and oversee their day to day business, training and performance
- Direct sales activities with largest Automotive OEMs and 1tiers and opportunities in EMEA – mainly Germany, France, Italy, to ensure that company revenue goals and objectives are achieved
- Subject matter expert on services, licensing and products offered
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue numbers for assigned region
- Ensure team is effectively building pipeline and holds the team accountable for executing each phase of the sales process
- Negotiate Software License Agreements and Master Services Agreements with customers
- Ensure the CRM is used effectively
- Utilize best practice in sales techniques
- Best practice in sales techniques
- academic or similar degree in Business
- track record of multi-year top performance
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the technology industry
- management experience
- Leadership by example
- Inspiring performance in sales teams
- Innovative and competitive approach in sales techniques
- Coaching/mentoring › Proactive, resilient, assertive personality
- Diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking & decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Business acumen › Conflict resolution › Talent management
- Change management
- Project management › Time & Stress management
- Strategic account management
- Familiarity with Software Development tools and Software Development Life Cycle is a plus
The role is based in Germany, Italy, France or UK and is located in the EMEA business development and key account team.
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.