About the Role
In Qt, we work hard but not too seriously. We are highly adaptable, constantly evolving, and helping you to develop as a professional. We have a cool product, but it’s our people that makes us exceptional.
Imagine yourself helping industry to build next generation solutions for cars, creating futuristic dashboards for ships, analyzing satellite images, visualizing meteors with space agencies, working with multiple solutions and hardware. That’s what we do in the Qt Professional Services team. We are helping the world to be successful with the Qt technology. Check some examples where our Advisors have taken a big role: Case Ulstein and Case Bluescape.
About the position
We are continously looking for a passionate Qt Software Engineers as customer leads and software developers. You will work close with our customers helping them to solve their problems and make sure that they will succeed with their Qt projects. Your main responsibility is to work in a Qt advisor role. In this position communicating with the customer’s developers and visiting customer’s site from time to time is natural part of the job. You would also be a key technical person participating customer workshops and giving guidance on their software architecture. To make you succeed in this role you would have support from Qt Professional Services team and whole Qt R&D.
You should have excellent Qt/C++, QML and object-oriented programming skills, be fluent in English and good in interacting with people.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong orientation to help customers and able to describe and draw technical solutions on the spot
- Proven strong software development skills, especially Qt and/or QML, C++ and embedded platforms
- Ability to work independently and self-driven
- Flexibility to travel
- A positive attitude and find it easy to create good relationships with your co-workers and our clients
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Prior experience from open source development is an advantage
- Good understanding of agile development principles is an advantage
- Passionate about what you do, and strive for excellence at all times
Why join us?
We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product. You will work with highly talented embedded software engineers from around the world.
Benefits (just to mention a few):
- Flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- Tickets for the public transportation
- Complimentary fruits & sweets
- German lessons
- Pilates lessons in the office (office dependent)
- Ergonomic equipment
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do?
Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it! To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany
Location: Berlin or Munich