About the Role
Imagine yourself helping industry to build next generation solutions for cars, creating futuristic dashboards for ships, analyzing satellite images, visualizing meteors with space agencies, working with multiple solutions and hardware. That’s what we do in the Qt Professional Services team. We are helping the world to be successful with the Qt technology. In Qt, we work hard but not too seriously. We are highly adaptable, constantly evolving, and helping you to develop as a professional. We have a cool product, but it’s our people that makes us exceptional.
We are looking for a passionate Qt (Senior) Software Engineer as customer lead and software developer. You will work close with our customers helping them to solve their problems and make sure that they will succeed with their Qt projects. Your main responsibility is to work in a Qt advisor role. In this position communicating with the customer’s developers and visiting customer’s site from time to time is natural part of the job. You would also be a key technical person participating customer workshops, giving guidance on their software architecture and coordinate projects with other sites. To make you succeed in this role you would have support from Qt Professional Services team and whole Qt R&D.
You should have excellent Qt/C++, QML and object-oriented programming skills, be fluent in English and French and good in interacting with people.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong orientation to help customers and able to describe and draw technical solutions on the spot
- Proven strong software development skills, especially Qt and/or QML, C++ and embedded platforms
- Ability to work independently and self-driven
- Flexibility to travel (when travelling gets back to normal)
- A positive attitude and find it easy to create good relationships with your co-workers and our clients
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Prior experience from open source development is an advantage
- Good understanding of agile development principles is an advantage
- Experience in conducting training is an advantage
- Passionate about what you do, and strive for excellence at all times
Why join us?
We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product. You will work with highly talented embedded software engineers from around the world.
Benefits (just to mention a few):
- Flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- Health and life insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do?
Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it! To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany
Kindly send in your application in English language.
(only French citizens/ residents will be considered for this role)