About the Role
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation user interface solutions for industrial equipment, ships, satellites, vehicles, medical devices, consumer devices and all sorts of IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used
We are looking to fill our position of (Senior) Software Engineer, Qt professional services for Paris.
We would seek a passionate Qt (Senior) Software Engineer as customer lead and software developer. Who will work close with our customers helping them to solve their problems and make sure that they will succeed with their Qt projects. The main responsibility is to work in a Qt advisor role for and with our customers. In this position, next to the technical expertise around the Qt framework, communicating with the customer’s developers and visiting customer’s site from time to time is natural part of the job. It would also be as a key technical person participating customer workshops, giving guidance on their software architecture and developing projects for and with the customer using the Qt framework.
The candidate should have excellent Qt/C++, QML and object-oriented programming skills, be fluent in English and French and good in interacting with people.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong orientation to help customers and able to describe and draw technical solutions on the spot
- Proven strong software development skills, especially Qt and/or QML, C++ and embedded platforms
- Ability to work independently and self-driven
- A positive attitude and find it easy to create good relationships with your co-workers and our clients
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Prior experience from open source development is an advantage
- Good understanding of agile development principles is an advantage
- Experience in conducting training is an advantage
- French Nationality would be a plus.
- Passionate about what you do, and strive for excellence at all times
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself.