About the Role
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and by over one million developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. Qt employs +500 people and operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Berlin. Together with the team, you will make sure that Qt development on Windows is as easy and comfortable as possible and that resulting applications look and feel the same as native Windows applications. You will be involved in feature additions and maintenance of Windows backends in various areas inside of Qt - be it core components like keyboard and mouse handling or modules that provide additional functionality like Bluetooth or multimedia.
Qt's open source spirit is reflected in our way of working and most of the Windows work is done in the open. We are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern C++
- have hands-on experience working in a bigger Windows project
- have used the Windows Win32 C++ API or Windows Runtime APIs in a Windows desktop application project
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are: continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- were involved in a Windows project that used a more "traditional" technology like COM programming
- have experience with Windows frameworks like UI Automation
- have used the C++/WinRT language projection
- know a bit of Qt and QML
- have experience with open source communities and development
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
We offer you
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- hybrid office/home working model
- modern office space
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share some code. But more importantly, tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you to tell you more about the position and our ways of working.
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would love to hear from you! Please share your up-to-date CV and a few words of yourself using the form below.