About the Role
We are looking for a Tech Artist with a huge drive to showcase and develop their skills and help our customers succeed. You will work as an integral part of our Professional Services team, which already consists of the best technical expertise of Qt in the market. Your responsibilities will include creating cool UI designs starting from concept development and wireframing, and going all the way to implementing visual effects, optimizing 2D and 3D assets, helping our customers understand what is possible with Qt, and acting as the interface between designers and engineers.
If you recognize yourself from the following description, you might just be the person we are looking for:
You already have experience in doing challenging design projects in a commercial environment. Perhaps you have also showcased your skills in some hobby projects or participated in the demoscene. Your UI designs are both functional and beautiful – we do not expect you to be a UX designer, but you understand the basic elements of what makes a great user experience. You have experience with 3D tools and can implement custom shaders and materials and optimize 3D assets for various target devices. You are also familiar with animations and transitions in tools such as Adobe After Effects or similar.
Most importantly, you are very comfortable in working closely together with developers and other designers to achieve the best possible end-result for the customer. You have a creative mindset and pay great attention to detail. You understand the modern industry trends and have a strong ambition to constantly improve.
If “failing until you succeed” is what motivates you and you have what it takes to build amazing software products, we’d like to meet you.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Creating cool graphical Uis in customer projects
- Implementing visual effects
- Guiding customers and Visual Designers
- Optimizing 2D/3D assets
- Help with the tooling in projects
- 2-5 years of experience
- Strong design portfolio with examples of previous work
- Experience in doing procedural materials
- Good skills in implementing shaders and animations/transitions, optimizing 2D/3D assets and using industry standard tools
- Ability to communicate possibilities and needs related to graphics/UI to other team members and customers
- Creativity and great attention to detail
- A strong will to work closely with developers to achieve the best possible end result for the customers
You are already familiar with…
- Figma / Sketch / InVision / Adobe XD
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
- Unreal Engine / Unity
Bonus points awarded for…
- Experience and skills with 3D modelling
- Experience in optimizing projects for target platforms
- Experience with the demoscene
- Experience in using Qt Design Studio
Why to join #Qtpeople?
We have a cool product, but it is our people that makes us exceptional. We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting-edge technology and product. At Qt you get to work with a truly global team in an innovative and fun environment and with world leading customers and a large, unique community.
In addition to that we offer you:
- Great colleagues from many parts of the world
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- Nice office space
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment
- A training program
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share some code. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.
To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.