Qt Creator 10 Beta released
February 16, 2023 by Eike Ziller | Comments
We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 10 Beta!
The more extensive change log is available for reading in our repository, and also under Help > Change Log (and Qt Creator > Change Log on macOS). Some highlights:
- You can now temporarily drag the progress details out of the way, in addition to hiding them with the button below them.
- We added a Call Hierachy view for language servers that support it.
- When renaming
.uifiles, or renaming forms in .ui files, the C++ code is refactored accordingly.
- You can search for unused C++ functions in your project with Tools > C++ > Find Unused Functions.
- Temporarily cancel Clangd's background indexing with the cancel button in the progress indicator. Indexing restarts when Clangd is restarted.
- The ClangFormat plugin is now enabled by default.
- We added experimental support for the QML language server.
- There is a new option to apply
qmlformaton QML files when saving.
- The QML code model was updated to Qt 6.5, and issues with
- The editor now shows the
git blameentry for the current line as an annotation (opt-out in the Git settings).
- CMake projects now have a
cmake --installbased deployment method available.
- We added the option to format CMake files with
- The Autorun CMake option moved from the individual tools to a global and project wide setting.
- The environment for the CMake configuration of a project can now be based on the build environment, and that is the default for non-preset builds.
Remote Build and Run Targets
- The remote file system can now be browsed for remote targets, for example to select a remote build directory.
- You can also open a terminal on your remote system now.
- We added support for handling the code model remotely via remote Clangd when building on a Docker device.
- ClangFormat now also works on remote files in a Docker container.
- We added the option to enable the capabilities necessary for debugging with LLDB on Docker devices.
Get Qt Creator 10 Beta
The opensource version is available on the Qt download page under "Pre-releases", and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 10 Beta is also available under Preview > Qt Creator 10.0.0-beta1 in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on irc.libera.chat, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.
You can read the Qt Creator Manual in Qt Creator in the Help mode or access it online in the Qt documentation portal.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.5 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.5 is the latest Long-Term-Support release with all you need for C++ cross-platform app development.
Explore Qt World
Check our Qt demos and case studies in the virtual Qt World
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.
Want to build something for tomorrow, join #QtPeople today! We have loads of cool jobs you don't want to miss! http://qt.io/careers #builtwithQt #software #developers #coding #framework #tool #tooling #C++ #QML #engineers #sales #tech #technology #UI #UX #CX #Qt #Qtdev #global #openpositions #careers #job
Henkilön Qt (@theqtcompany) jakama julkaisu