Qt Creator 9 Beta released
October 12, 2022 by Eike Ziller | Comments
We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 9 Beta!
First of all you can read the change log directly in Qt Creator now, under Help > Change Log on Windows and Linux, and under Qt Creator > Change Log on macOS!
Experimental Squish Support
Enable the new experimental plugin in Help > About Plugins > Utilities > Squish (Qt Creator > About Plugins > Utilities > Squish on macOS).
It adds support for:
- Opening existing Squish test suites
- Creating new test suites and test cases
- Recording test cases (limited)
- Using Squish Runner and Server to run test suites or cases and view the results in the Squish output
- Setting breakpoints before running tests to stop at certain locations and inspect the local variables, similarly to when debugging a test
Read more in the documentation.
- We added support for dark themes for Qt documentation
- Context help now prefers Qt documentation from the version that is used by the project
- We added options for visualizing indentation and changing line spacing
- We fixed saving files with non-breaking spaces
- The coding style settings (including options for ClangFormat if you have that enabled) are now directly editable from the preferences dialog, without an additional dialog
- You have the option of using a single Clangd instance for the whole session instead of per-project now
- Set the priority of Clangd indexing threads with a new option
- We added support for document-specific preprocessor directives with Clangd
- Many more improvements and fixes that you can read about in the change log
- We added the option to hide the build system output pane on the right side in Projects mode (View > Show Right Sidebar)
- You can change the environment for the configuration step of CMake projects now
- We added support for CMake presets (configure and build presets with conditions and toolchain files)
- Work continues for supporting remote paths at various places
- We improved the device wizard
- We added automatic mounting of source and build directories before building a project
Please have a look at the change log for more details.
Get Qt Creator 9 Beta
The opensource version is available on the Qt download page under "Pre-releases", and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 9 Beta is also available under Preview > Qt Creator 9.0.0-beta1 in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on irc.libera.chat, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.
You can read the Qt Creator Manual in Qt Creator in the Help mode or access it online in the Qt documentation portal.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.5 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.5 is the latest Long-Term-Support release with all you need for C++ cross-platform app development.
Explore Qt World
Check our Qt demos and case studies in the virtual Qt World
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.
Want to build something for tomorrow, join #QtPeople today! We have loads of cool jobs you don't want to miss! http://qt.io/careers #builtwithQt #software #developers #coding #framework #tool #tooling #C++ #QML #engineers #sales #tech #technology #UI #UX #CX #Qt #Qtdev #global #openpositions #careers #job
Henkilön Qt (@theqtcompany) jakama julkaisu