Qt for Android Automotive 6.6 is released
The latest release of Qt for Android Automotive (QtAA) is out, based on Qt 6.6 and with many new and improved features.
Based on Qt 6.6
Users can benefit having a wide range of new features and improvements that enhance the performance, functionality, and usability of the framework. Some of the highlights included:
- Improved graphics and performance on Vulkan support, rendering, and enhanced 2D graphics
- Improved developer experience with features such as improved debugging and profiling tools, enhanced integration with development environments, and improved documentation.
- Improved platform support, with support for Apple Silicon and Windows ARM64. It also offers improved support for Android and iOS platforms.
- Improved support for WebAssembly, allowing developers to create web-based applications with ease
- Improved Security and Accessibility: The new version also offers improved security and accessibility features, making it easier for developers to create secure and accessible applications.
Qt Android ActivityView supports Android 13
We have upgraded the ActivityView to support Android 13 (and AAOS 13). Users can migrate or create hybrid HMIs with native Android content, e.g. 3rd party apps embedded into a Qt-based home screen UI. The example below shows Angry Bird game running inside the Qt-based hero app.
For existing Qt for Android Automotive users, we recommend you update from earlier 6.2.x, 6.3.x, 6.4.x, and 6.5.x. If your project is based on 5.15.x, please follow the Qt 6 migration guide. For users who are interested in evaluating Qt for Android Automotive, please contact our sales representatives for a free trial.
For further technical information about Qt for Android Automotive, please check out Qt for Android Automotive technical documentation.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.6 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.6. is a feature release with focus on improving UX capabilities including responsive UI technology and the Qt Graph module.
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.