License Asset Management
1. Why did I receive an email from The Qt Company regarding a license review?It is common practice within the software industry to request that customers perform self- administered license reviews. The Qt license review is an automated process and companies are selected based on multiple criteria components. The purpose of the license review is to ensure that your product(s) is/are fully covered by the legal protections of your commercial license.
10.9. What is a Company Usage Report and why do I need to fill it out?
The Company Usage Report is our standard compliance form.
This form is designed to help us understand what type of product you are building, how many developers you have, and validate our system records. This form helps us ensure you have purchased the right type of software for your product development, as well as help in determining if and when you may need to purchase Distribution Licenses.
2. Who recieves a request for a license review?
These reviews are meant for all customers who have Commercial Licenses, Commercial and Open Source Licenses, participants of the Qt for Small Business program, and participants of the Qt for Educational Program.
3. What should I do if I receive an request ?
If you have received an email requesting a review, you should complete the documentation as requested. If you need assistance completing the form, please go to the step-by-step guide.
4. We have many license holders; do I need to record all names on the form?
We do need a complete listing of each license holder, however you can recreate the form in another format, such as a spreadsheet, that will be easier for your reporting. Please be certain that your list includes the same information as required by the attached form attached.
5. I’m not sure what kind of licenses we have – how do I find out?
As the Qt License Manager, you can review your license deployment in the Qt Account web portal. If unclear, please contact the license management team at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What happens if I do not reply?
Failure to comply with this request will violate the terms and conditions of your Qt license agreement, which could invalidate the rights and protections that your Qt license affords you.
7. What happens if I need to purchase additional licenses?
Qt Commercial License customers should engage with their Account Manager to procure additional licenses.
Qt for Small Business customers are recommended to purchase additional licenses online if they have not exceeded the four user limit. If at the four developer limit, please email the license management team.
If unsure or need additional assistance, please contact the license management team at email@example.com
8. Can I be proactive about my license reviews?
Yes. Our recommendation is to complete the form on a quarterly or six-month rotation. This may be especially important if your business has multiple divisions/organizations/projects utilizing Qt. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions
9. Who can I contact if I have questions?
The license management team can assist you with any questions.
The team can be contacted at email@example.com