Small Business Plan
10.1. Am I eligible for the Qt for Small Business plan?
You are eligible for the Qt for Small Business plan if you meet all three criteria listed below:
- You are a registered business in your respective State and/or Country.
- Your business has a combined revenue and funding equal to or less than two-hundred and fifty thousand ($250000) USD.
- You do not need more than four (4) developer licenses for your business.
10.10. As a Small Business, when should I plan to purchase Distribution Licenses for my product?
It is recommended you seek to purchase Distribution Licenses at least six (6) months in advance of your product deployment.
Once your product is deployed, it is a requirement to report your product distributions every quarter to your respective Account Manager. If you do not yet know who that is, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.11. How do I cancel my Qt for Small Business license subscription(s)?
To cancel your Qt for Small Business subscription(s):
- Log into your Qt Account
- Go to the "Payments" option listed in the menu on the left side of the webpage.
- Go to the "Upcoming Payments" section.
- Click on the description of the purchase (this is in green colored font).
- Click on "Cancel".
10.12. Are there any credits issued for cancelling the Qt for Small Business subscription?
When cancelling the Qt for Small Business subscription, a partial credit may be issued under the following scenarios:
- You are found not to be eligible for the Qt for Small Business plan as part of the initial thirty (30) day eligibility verification.
- Your subscription was renewed in error.
- There was a mistake in the purchasing process.
The partial credit is calculated based on the remaining unused months of the license purchase.
10.13. Who should I reach out to when I have a Qt for Small Business plan question, but it isn't listed in the FAQ?
When you have a question and it is not available in the FAQ, please email Qt License Management at email@example.com. We'll be happy to assist you.
10.14. How Do I Upgrade my Qt for Small Business Subscription?
You can Upgrade Your plan as a self-service in your Qt Account Portal payments page, by clicking the necessary license shown in the Upcoming Payments section. Or contact us, and we’ll assist you.
10.2. How do I purchase a Qt for Small Business license?
To purchase a Qt for Small Business licenses:
- Please visit our online webshop at qt.io/pricing.
- Scroll down the page until the end of the end of the package offers, and click on "Buy Qt".
- Once the page loads, scroll down to step 3 and click on the tick-box next to the statement "Our annual revenue/funding is <$250K."
- Proceed with selecting your software and completing the purchasing process.
10.3. How do I purchase more Small Business licenses if I have one?
To purchase additional Qt for Small Business licenses when you already have at least one:
- Log into your Qt Account.
- Go to and click on the "Payments" option in the menu on the left side of the webpage.
- Once the page loads, click on the description of the purchase (this is green colored font).
- Update the quantity of the purchase to add the additional licenses needed (limited to four (4) total).
- The system will then calculate a new price for you based on the quantity and send you and email with the additional license(s).
10.4. What is a Qt for Small Business eligibility verification?
The eligibility verifications are the "automated audit" inquiries referred to in our Qt for Small Business webpage, which are designed to:
- Confirm and validate your eligibility for the Qt for Small Business plan.
- Complete any necessary compliance related inquiries.
- Assist in migrating you to a standard priced license if you no longer qualify for the Qt for Small Business plan.
- Assist in connecting you to an Account Manager for purchasing Distribution Licenses, when needed.
10.5. How often do Qt for Small Business eligibility verifications occur?
The first eligibility verification occurs within the thirty (30) days of your initial purchase. There is then annual eligibility verifications which occur within sixty (60) days prior to your license renewal.
10.6. What financial documentation is needed for the eligibility verification?
As part of the Small Business eligibility verification, we are asking for you to provide your state and/or country business tax filing documentation. This is to properly validate your eligibility as a business and ensure you are within the revenue threshold.
If you are a recently registered business, please respond to the eligibility verification email and a License Management Specialist will work with you to determine the best course of action.
10.7. How do I know my financial documentation for the eligibility verification is secure?
To ensure the security of your financial documentation for the Small Business eligibility verification, there is a limited number of team members who are trained to receive and review this information.
We encourage you to redact any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) which is not pertinent to the validation of your business name, business address, VAT, revenue, and funding.
Please coordinate with your License Management Specialist prior to sending any documentation to ensure your privacy expectations are met for the eligibility verification.
10.8. What happens if I do not complete the Small Business eligibility verification?
Unfortunately, this means we will need to suspend your license access and then cancel the subscription to prevent the next renewal from occurring.
10.9. What is a Company Usage Report and why do I need to fill it out?
The Company Usage Report is our standard compliance form.
This form is designed to help us understand what type of product you are building, how many developers you have, and validate our system records. This form helps us ensure you have purchased the right type of software for your product development, as well as help in determining if and when you may need to purchase Distribution Licenses.