DEADLINE EXTENDED – Call for Presentations: Qt World Summit 2022
We've extended the deadline for the Qt World Summit 2022 Call for Presentations until June 24, 2022. With this extension, you'll have an additional two weeks to finalize your submission. As a reminder, we are looking for speakers, collaborators and industry thought leaders to share their expertise with the community during the upcoming virtual Qt World Summit on November 9, 2022. We are looking for a wide range of topics that you think are important to the community.
Submit your proposal here. Additional details on this year's submission criteria are below.Important dates
- Submit your topic suggestion(s) by June 24, 2022
- The authors of accepted topics will be informed in early August
- Full presentations/slide submissions must be submitted by September 30, 2022
We're looking for topics such as:
- Real-world or industry-specific business challenges solved with Qt technology
Developing amazing applications with QML, C++ and Python
Developing applications with 3D UIs and Visual Effects (VFX)
Writing apps for WebAssembly in the Qt ecosystem
Examples of enhancing developer productivity
End user analytics for Qt applications
Getting started with Qt and QML development
Qt for advanced developers (3D, performance optimization, AI, …)
Test optimization for Qt-based applications
Did we miss something? The latest advancements and improvements in Qt are also welcome as always. You can, of course, submit presentations on any topic related to Qt.
There are three different session lengths this year:
- 5 minutes (pre-recorded) - No Q&A, opportunity for brief demonstration of how users succeed with Qt
- 20 minutes (pre-recorded, followed by Q&A live)
- 45 minutes (pre-recorded, followed by Q&A live)
Program committee and selection criteria
The committee will review all submissions and jointly select presentations based on the submitted abstract.
Here are some tips for writing a good abstract:
- Show clear intent and purpose for your talk
- Make clear what the value of the talk is for the intended audience
- Offer something unique and unexpected, yet relevant
The committee will make its decision based on the themes of the event. The committee will also make sure to cover a wide range of interesting topics.
Know your audience
Annually, Qt World Summit attracts attendees from over 90 different countries representing over 20 industries. Typically, some 70% are developers and 20% designers, executives, managers and team leads.
What's in it for you
Being a speaker is a fantastic opportunity to spread your message amongst a community of industry leaders and software developers. We will record and publish the presentations online, so your talk will reach a wide audience.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.6 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.6. is a feature release with focus on improving UX capabilities including responsive UI technology and the Qt Graph module.
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.