Qt World Summit 2020 | Save the Date & Call for Speakers
We are already looking forward to the largest Qt gathering of next year, Qt World Summit 2020 on May 12-14 in Palm Springs, California, USA.
As we celebrate 25 years of Qt at our 5th Qt World Summit conference, we consider the path that's made us the flourishing Qt ecosystem that we are today and plan a course forward to a thriving future. Please sign up here to stay informed in order to receive email updates as we’ll be announcing more details and opening up registrations in January.
Qt World Summit 2020 Call for Speakers is now open
We want to share your latest developments with the world and aim to build a versatile agenda that will showcase topics of interest for a wide audience across industries, and we would like you to be part of that agenda.
If you have any new ideas or proven best practices you would like to share with the Qt World Summit attendees, we encourage you to submit them.
- Submit your topic suggestion(s) by January 20, 2020.
- The authors of accepted topics will be informed in February.
- The list of accepted topics will be publicly available in February.
- Full presentations/slide submissions must be made by April 10, 2020.
- Phases in the software development cycle and the role of Qt in the:
- Developer experience
- User experience
- Customer experience
- Tools, methods, and processes for embedded devices
- Application development and Qt enabling application ecosystems
- Data visualization, data analytics, and informational interfaces
- Creating 3D computer animations, modeling, simulation, and rendering
- Platforms, connectivity, and portability
- Real-world or industry-specific solutions built with Qt
Did we miss something? The latest advancements and improvements in Qt are also welcome as always. You can, of course, submit presentations on any topic related to Qt.
There are three different session lengths this year:
- 20 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A
- 50 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A (limited availability)
- 80 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A (only a few spots available)
Program committee and selection criteria
The Program committee includes members from The Qt Company and Qt Partners. The committee will review all submissions and jointly select presentations for the Qt World Summit based on the submitted abstract.
Here are some tips for writing a good abstract:
- Show a clear intent and purpose for your talk
- Make clear what the value of the talk is for the intended audience
- Keep in mind the event’s themes and focus areas
- Offer something unique and unexpected, yet relevant is to the event’s focus areas
The committee will make its decision based on the themes of the event. The committee will also make sure to cover a wide range of interesting topics.
Know your audience
The Qt World Summit attracts people from all corners of the Qt community. On previous years’ events, we have had attendees from over 40 different countries representing over 20 industries. Typically, some 70% are developers and 20% executives, managers and team leads.
What's in it for you
As a speaker, you will receive a free ticket to attend the Qt World Summit Conference Days. Being a speaker is a fantastic opportunity to spread your message among a community of industry leaders and software developers. We will record and publish many of the presentations online, so your talk will reach an audience beyond Qt World Summit attendees. The material from your talk will also be made available to all the attendees after the event.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
For more information and to stay informed about Qt World Summit 2020, please sign up at the Qt World Summit 2020 event page.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.5 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.5 is the latest Long-Term-Support release with all you need for C++ cross-platform app development.
Qt World Summit 2023: Berlin awaits!
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.