Feb 25, 2020
Qt Showcases its Latest Innovations at Embedded World 2020
At the world’s leading fair for embedded systems, The Qt Company and its customers and partners demonstrate the latest innovations in device, application, and user interface design – including a revolutionary digital cockpit with multi-OS (Android Automotive and Linux) support.
Espoo, Finland and Nuremberg, Germany – February 25, 2020 – The Qt Company today announced its participation at the Embedded World event in Nuremberg, Germany, from February 25-27, 2020, where it shares Stand 4-258 with its partners basysKom, e-Gits, Felgo, Froglogic, Insta, KDAB, Sequality, Toradex, Verimatrix and Verolt.
They will showcase a wide range of product demonstrations for the automotive, automation, medical, and IoT industries, based on the Qt software development platform. Some of the highlights from Qt and its customers and partners 2020 include:
- A digital cockpit with Multi-OS (Android Automotive and Linux) support that runs a mission-critical instrument cluster, a vehicle infotainment system, and a passenger display across three interconnected screens. Watch the seamless UX/UI and brand experience in action here.
- A Qt Quick 3D instrument cluster on a Renesas R-Car D3, showcasing high-level performance with an entry-level system on a chip (SoC) and combining 2D and 3D graphics using Qt Quick and Qt Quick 3D.
- Multiple demos showcasing Qt running on MCUs, such as a smart internet radio (STM32F769i), a smart watch (STM32L4R9i), a smart home thermostat (NXP i.MX RT1050), a smart oven (STM32F769i), a hybrid instrument cluster for cars (RH850/D1M1A), an instrument cluster for two-wheelers (NXP i.MX RT1170), and an intuitive coffee machine touch display (NXP i.MX RT1064).
- Qt Design Studio, an easy-to-use design tool that lets designers import designs from Sketch and Photoshop to Qt, animate them, test them live on the target hardware, and turn them into QML code developers can use. Simultaneously, the developer can work on integrating the backend, which leads to faster iterations. The demo will showcase both the designer’s and the developer’s point of view.
- The development workflow for optimizing applications on embedded targets, including debugging, profiling, and usage analysis with the Qt Creator IDE.
“Embedded World 2020 is a significant event for all Qt users since it will underscore the close collaboration required between developers and designers to deliver highly-functional embedded devices and applications,” said Petteri Holländer, SVP Product Management, The Qt Company. “We’re excited to join our customers and partners in showcasing the almost endless possibilities for innovation in today’s embedded systems – as well as the importance of a robust development framework that can help companies bring their creations to life.”
For more details on Qt at Embedded World 2020, please visit https://www.qt.io/events/ew20/
The Qt Company
About The Qt Company
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company's net sales in 2019 totaled 58,4 MEUR, and it employs some 340 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.