Qt Creator 2.4.0 released
We are happy to announce that finally Qt Creator 2.4.0 is ready to be published. I'll summarize a few of the great amount of features and improvements in this release. You find a longer list in our change log, and you can also have a look at what we fixed for 2.4.0 in our bugtracker. The commit log from our repository is only recommended if you have a lot of time: Around 1300 commits have been accepted since 2.3.1. Lots of thanks go to the contributors, you find a list at the end of the change log :)
- My personal highlight: The "synchronize declaration and definition" quick fix, and the fixes for the "create definition from declaration". When you change either declaration or definiton you'll notice a little lightbulb appearing. If you now press "alt+return" (or click the bulb) your changes are applied to the counter part.
- "Schemes" for the coding styles (C++ and QML), reusable between projects
- QML rename usages and semantic highlighting
- Access most recent searches
- Encoding fixes for search & replace and the refactorings
- Subversion 1.7 support
- Netbook users will be glad to hear that the preferences dialog now has a decent size again
At the end a few words of advice: Because of the coding schemes, you'll now need to change the coding style to change tab and indentation settings for code (was done in text editor settings before). Qt Creator tries to migrate existing text editor settings to the new style for your projects, but if you had project specific settings before you'll need to set them again.
You can download the standalone release from DevNet, and the release is going out as an update to users of the Qt SDK (might take a few hours to spread through the world).
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.4 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6 is the productivity platform for the future, with next-gen 2D & 3D UX and limitless scalability.
Explore Qt World
Check our Qt demos and case studies in the virtual Qt World
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.
Want to build something for tomorrow, join #QtPeople today! We have loads of cool jobs you don't want to miss! http://qt.io/careers #builtwithQt #software #developers #coding #framework #tool #tooling #C++ #QML #engineers #sales #tech #technology #UI #UX #CX #Qt #Qtdev #global #openpositions #careers #job
Henkilön Qt (@theqtcompany) jakama julkaisu