last updated: 31.05.2022
The Qt Company Oy (“The Qt Company”), as a data controller, is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of its products. Any personal data provided to The Qt Company through downloading or use of the Qt Digital Advertising products or services (“Service”) of The Qt Company is processed pursuant to the following guidelines:
The Qt Company will process any personal data of the users of the Service only pursuant to the applicable data protection legislation. The personal data is collected and processed for the purposes of the controller’s legitimate interest (as stipulated in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) article 6.1(f)) to process the personal data of the users for such purpose, and such interest is not being overridden by the privacy interests of the user.
In the course of the Service The Qt Company may process personal data that:
- a user actively provides during account creation or otherwise in response to forms or questionnaires, or sales inquiries and transactions such as the name and physical address, email addresses, telephone numbers, and employer or a user;
- is available from third parties related to or relevant for the use of the Service, or related to the use of the Qt Company owned computer/mobile application such as,
- Download history
- IP address
- User agent or such device information
- Persistent online identifier such as IDFA, ADID, etc.
- as well as information on the user’s activities while using the Service
Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in the case of usage data, collected automatically when using the Service.
Unless specified otherwise, all data requested is mandatory and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for The Qt Company to provide the Services. In cases where it specifically states that some data is not mandatory, users are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which personal data is mandatory are welcome to contact The Qt Company.
The Qt Company does not sell personal data to third parties. The Qt Company may engage service providers (e.g advertising partner Smart AdServer: https://smartadserver.com/end-user-privacy-policy) to collect or process personal data. Also, The Qt Company may for its business purposes and subject to the limitations of the applicable law, transfer such personal data to third parties to the extent such transfers are reasonably necessary for the business purposes of The Qt Company.
In relation to the Service we may show our own ads and ads from third parties. We also advertise third-party properties such as websites or applications. In both scenarios, we and our advertising partners typically use pseudonymous identifiers related to users’s device to select ads that are relevant to user, to measure the effectiveness of advertising, and other related purposes. You may manage your preferences in the privacy settings of our applications and website or on your device.
For more information on mobile privacy settings, we encourage you to refer to resources such as the Network Advertising Initiative’s guide on mobile device opt outs (link). However, please consider that we do not maintain those resources and cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Given the global nature of The Qt Company’s business, processing data for the above purposes may involve a cross-border transfer of the data provided to The Qt Company. Any cross-border transfer of the data including any transfers outside the EU/EEA will be carried out in strict compliance with the applicable law to ensure the protection of your privacy. Any such transfer may be carried out on the basis of using appropriate contractual measures (primarily using European Commissions Standard Contractual Clauses under GDPR article 46.2). You may obtain a copy of the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses (where applicable) by contacting the Qt Company using the details set out at the end of this policy.
The Qt Company asks that you do not send, and you do not share any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership).
Please note that by sending your personal data to The Qt Company or by using the Service, you are explicitly acknowledging the processing and transfer of such data in the way and for the purpose mentioned above.
The Qt Company will keep your data secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. The Qt Company will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to the Service. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of the Service, please keep this password safe – The Qt Company will not share this password with anyone.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to request us to rectify incomplete or incorrect personal data
- Right to object to or restrict the processing of personal data and to object to automated decision-making
- Right to request us to erase personal data
- Right to transfer personal data to another controller
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future.
According to GDPR article 77, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority concerning the processing activities carried out by us. Such complaint may be lodged in particular, in the member state of your habitual residence or place of work or where the alleged infringement took place.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, contact us via email to email@example.com. We will use all reasonably available resources to respond to any such request without undue delay.
The Qt Company Oy is a Finnish limited liability company with a Business ID 2637805-2, having its domicile in Espoo, Finland.
Appendix: Technological Information
Technological Information on the Android Operating System:
- Settings > Google > Display and "Reset Advertising ID" there and/or "Disable Personalized Advertising"
- Information on location settings: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6179507?hl=en ,and in general, https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3118621?hl=en
Technological Information on the iOS (Apple) Operating System:
- Settings > Privacy > Advertising and "Reset Ad ID" there and/or "No Ad Tracking"
- Information on privacy and location data is also available at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203033